Regulation Impact Statement Updates
Official website for publishing regulatory impact analysis information for regulatory decisions announced by the Australian Government, COAG and COAG Councils.
Remedial power for the Commissioner of Taxation
Regulation Impact Statement – Department of the Treasury
On 17 March 2016, the Treasurer introduced legislation to provide the Commissioner of Taxation with a power to remedy the tax law to apply as intended in more circumstances.
A Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) prepared by the Department of the Treasury has been assessed as compliant and consistent with best practice by the Office of Best Practice Regulation.
The RIS estimates the creation of the remedial power will not change the current regulatory burden. The OBPR agreed to this estimate.
- Remedial power for the Commissioner of Taxation RIS [ 45KB]
- Remedial power for the Commissioner of Taxation RIS [ 115KB]
- Deputy Secretary Certification Letter [ 143KB]
- Deputy Secretary Certification Letter [ 121KB]
- OBPR Assessment Advice [ 150KB]
- OBPR Assessment Advice [ 80KB]